This delicious and easy high protein banana bread recipe is mixed up in just one bowl and perfect for just before, during or after training!
• 3 ripe bananas
• 1/3 cup melted butter
• 1/2 scoop Madagascan Vanilla PRO-TEEN®️ powder
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp baking soda
• pinch of salt
• 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1/2 cup mini white chocolate chips (you can also use milk/dark chocolate or pecan/macadamia nuts).
1. PREP: Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Spray a 8"x5" (or similar size) loaf pan with baking spray (the kind with flour in it) and set aside.
2. In a large bowl mash the bananas until completely smooth. Stir in the melted butter until smooth.
3. Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, PRO-TEEN®️ powder, baking soda, salt and flour and stir until the batter is thick and combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips then pour/scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
4. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Slice and enjoy after an intense training session or competition!
If you try this at home, be sure to share on social media and tag us in! Have any fab PROTEEN® recipes you'd like to share? Send them to us to try, and if we like them, we will share them for all of our audience to see!