Perfect on the go straight after a training session when your tired muscles need to be refuelled with protein and carbohydrates. Plus, these healthy muffins taste exactly like carrot cake!
Makes: 8 muffins
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp (56g) coconut flour
• 1 scoop (50g) Madagascan Vanilla PRO-TEEN®️ powder
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
• 2 large egg whites, room temperature
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup (120g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
• 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp (150ml) unsweetened coconut/or fresh skimmed milk
• 1 cup (90g) freshly grated carrots (peel them first! 🥕
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, and lightly coat 8 standard-sized muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the coconut flour, PRO-TEEN®️ powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the Greek yogurt until no large lumps remain. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla crème stevia. Alternate between adding the coconut flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with the coconut flour mixture, and stirring just until incorporated. (For best results, add the coconut flour mixture in 3 equal parts.) Let the batter rest for 10 minutes. Gently fold in the carrots.
4. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake at 220°C for 8 minutes. Without opening the oven door, reduce the oven temperature to 175°C, and continue baking for an additional 19-22 minutes, or until the tops feel firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
6. The important part - get stuck in!! 😛
- Like it? Share it 😆 #RefuelRightFeelRight